Welcome to Definitely Not Tagfreak
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Let us gather some constructive ideas and suggestions to boost some activity and to make your time here more enjoyable again

• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

muu

muu

manqueque

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Battle Win/Loss:1-0
  • Individual Win Streak:1
  • LocationChile
If you want to feel part of a community you'll go and try to fit in too, the fact that known people on this forum get a lot of comments on their topics it's perhaps because they know people here.
Just my opinion though

Posted Image

Spoiler

oucho of nazareth

oucho of nazareth

uru is HOT

• Academy mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4119 posts
  • Battle Win/Loss:14-7
  • Individual Win Streak:2
  • Tag Team:Noided
  • LocationLian's Gulch

pr was like this too and it was dying, old members were up their own arse tbh, lots of members we have now like lesha and wr were in noob teams there first

Posted Image
Posted Image

muu

muu

manqueque

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationChile
If they don't even talk on the chat box they just won't fit in, even when it sounds kind of antisocial it's kinda the same when you want to join a new group of people

Posted Image

Spoiler

Hash

Hash

Taggy Bunshin No Jutsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts
  • Battle Win/Loss:2-14
  • Individual Win Streak:0
  • Tag Team:Ascension

If you want to feel part of a community you'll go and try to fit in too, the fact that known people on this forum get a lot of comments on their topics it's perhaps because they know people here.
Just my opinion though

Teams are the best way to get to know people, just about everyone I know on this forum is because I was in a team with them.

1417961363-noided.gif

evil noir

evil noir

Master of Tag-fu

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3554 posts
  • Battle Win/Loss:4-18
  • Tag Team:(((noided)))

Teams are the best way to get to know people, just about everyone I know on this forum is because I was in a team with them.

Which is why I supported dynamic teams when teams were being disbanded.
Posted Image
Nitride...... aV loves you!

Posted Image
Lian in my area

Dani! Phazix Santa'13 Aleebr Prince Rull

Hammy

Hammy

Lens Flare Ninja

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Battle Win/Loss:1-1
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

stfu hammy

Seriously now,nobody ever teached me anything or told me do this do that!

You have to learn yourself,but most important newbies don´t even know 95% of what PS all can do and what are those tools for!

They just go to GFXResource and some noob that in 10 years didn´t change one bit of his boring "Add a huge render and blur it for the background,put a huge render in the middle and add a few colorful lines,dots and there is a elite tag" comes and says how you should tag lol

And if you try to give some critic either admin or mods erase your comment or start Pming you to not be so harsh and that´s why i don´t visit GFXR anymore,they want to wear purple sunglasses and believe that unicorns exist and are green.

You think i´m going to spend my time helping anyone ut and after like 3 months he makes the same shiet he always does,no thnx

so true tho. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

v Zino holy shieeet!!!!v

Posted Image

XHalfManHalfBiscuitX

XHalfManHalfBiscuitX

Xx NeverWasAVirgin xX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

we know that but it's nice for people to feel part of a community and encouraged, that's a motivating factor

and biscuit we let you in our team and give you cc on your dumb tags and listen to your stupid jokes, it's part of our Noided Gives Back to the Community Scheme where we spend time with disabled kids

Just wow....

After all the privat hours chatting on skype i thought we where really friends ;_;

Seems that you can´t even count on your closest friends/humans around you,thnx for breaking my heart again,but i swore to myself it will be the last time.

No one is so important to let your heart be broken over and over again

p.s. fuk you

Hammy

Hammy

Lens Flare Ninja

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Just wow....

After all the privat hours chatting on skype i thought we where really friends ;_;

Seems that you can´t even count on your closest friends/humans around you,thnx for breaking my heart again,but i swore to myself it will be the last time.

No one is so important to let your heart be broken over and over again

p.s. fuk you

wait are u a guy or a girl? :o

Posted Image

Posted Image

v Zino holy shieeet!!!!v

Posted Image

XHalfManHalfBiscuitX

XHalfManHalfBiscuitX

Xx NeverWasAVirgin xX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

a very sensible guy unfortunately,i might start a thread like quert asking if i should change gender ;_;

muu

muu

manqueque

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationChile
Gender doesn't exist on tag world (?)

Posted Image

Spoiler

huMAC

huMAC

D' Original Shape Employer

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4285 posts
  • Battle Win/Loss:11-10
  • Tag Team:Rex Regium
  • LocationPhilippines

So true...... Right now I get very little useful tips whenever I post anything on this forum because I'm a "noob" and that really wants to make me leave. I'm pretty serious about GFX and really want to improve but you guys kinda shoot down anything I make. A lot of posts on threads I make are exactly what he quoted up there ^^ Few welcomes on welcoming threads and absolutely no help at all. That's why this forum is inactive. Because nobody helps new members, they feel rejected and leave. On GFXR, which is where I came from, threads that ask for tips get actual tips (most of the time). Especially new people. People say "your tag has this this and this but is missing this this and this. You can improve this by doing this and that by doing that" instead of here where it goes "your tag sucks dick practice"

/end rant

"patience young padawan

- m -

Uru

Uru

The Dutchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4341 posts
  • Battle Win/Loss:Undefeated!
  • LocationTreasure Island!

Memebers in this thread needs to dial down on the bananaramayness and do what the title suggests.

Otherwise this thread'll be closed. 

stahp

stahp

Sheep

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Tag Team:Digital Craft Club

Instead of letting the noobs go to another site where they can be praised, why not start doing team battles against those of another site? I mean there no better way to say you are shit than by going to their forums where they are seen as good and then just completely dominating them. 

What a wonderful way of destroying tagging/GFX/sigging (however you wish to call it) as a whole. 

As a lurker, this is my perspective so far. You get better by your own effort. I suppose this forum wishes to help you by making you stronger mentality, whereby the classing system helps with this since you are supposed to work your way up like a salaryman. However, the dropout rate is very high if you can't reach a certain pedestal or establish rapport with fellow people. Not everyone will be able to put this (not an ad hominem to who does this) into application immediately and all in one go--especially when you could literally post that on every signature on any level as critique (nice for an overview though, yes). It takes time and when the time invested in each member is relatively the same thing with the repetition, there is little reason to see how TagFreak can actually help. In this respect, I am pretty sure TagFreak would not need that type of people here since there is a clear difference of perspective. Perhaps the question is, what type of people is TagFreak looking for then?

I think this is a site where damn great taggers are. But it's not really the social melodrama banter I'd be gung-ho in so I don't really intend on posting often if its not a topic I would find interest in (obvious, right?). It also seems like everyones' wrapped up in some inside comedy that takes more precedence than the next guy. Activities will probably bolster activity to the same group of people or bring some people back, but it wouldn't change much about lowering the dropping rate of the newer people. The other thing is that the skill level is so high here, it seems 'mini-artworks' are the go-to here, which alienates pretty much 94% (random) of folks that GFX the regular way (not speaking of skill level) from the regulars on this site. 

Overall, I think more exposure to the internet audience would probably be the most ideal method in order to increase the chance of finding a person cohesive to the community. It's unwise for there need to be a change in the site with respect to attitudes or whatever. 

evil zillo

evil zillo

i dont need oxygen

• Resource Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
  • Battle Win/Loss:0-3
  • Tag Team:Ascension
you do know that wasnt serious and manga was actually just throwing fire at the fuckheads who actually thought that was a good idea and already did it right

DOC0V4y.png

BUMBLEBAE

07N1O7W.png

B6tmSqK.png

stahp

stahp

Sheep

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

I need a subculture filtration system to read these posts. But that supports what I mean anyhow. 

Quack

Quack

quack

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3133 posts
  • Battle Win/Loss:1-3
  • LocationLondon
I got told my tag sucks because I didn't draw the render, tagfreak in a nutshell...

Cute Community Club

HSxZW66.png

238v5_zps8qwtdpcn.png

1417961363-noided.gif

Renelzio makes the best tags

Gifts

Noah
Whisk Alex Ish Screw wrftw Amanda Be0 Vanish Szurayel Ish Greynade Ish Nitride Rene

60334abdeb55a92cebf6ebee5182cef7.png

HORNNDAWGSNHIZINPOP

HORNNDAWGSNHIZINPOP

my name is mikey and I thrive on POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4525 posts
  • Battle Win/Loss:0
  • Tag Team:Kairos
  • LocationAustralia

obvious troll^ ?

i think that's still a minority, quack

mkultrascrew x vaughn

K A I R I O S

Austin Kispotta

Austin Kispotta

Lens Flare Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

My true feelings :

When I first came I had just started(Faraz told me to register) and didn't post any tags.I was too scared,seeing how bad I am.(I come from naruto-boards) Also like said somewhere above,I didn't knew how 90% of the tags over here were done.

Then slowly I started visiting this site more,saw stuff and learned how to do them and got better.I would say half the things I learned is by talking to people(from where I come from) and other half by seeing the tags over here.

From where I come from we have chats for clans(its a game site) so communication was waaaay more than here.And if there were other gfxers in our clan then we'ld help each other even more(obviously you'll help your clanmate more,right?).Yeah ik there is a shoutbox here but its kind of different.No I'm not saying to improve the shoutbox or something but I'm supporting the idea of beginner teams where people can know others better.

But its also the fault of new people.They just come here for classing once or twice.Probably beginner teams idea can make them stay here.

I'm sorry if my sentences give out some other meaning to you.I'm not that good at expressing.

(Also when my exams finish,I'll get back to tagging.)

i dont have a sig,what are you staring at

evil noir

evil noir

Master of Tag-fu

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3554 posts
  • Battle Win/Loss:4-18
Well if you guys want beginner teams you should propose a system for it. Back on PR I had lead a small sister team to aV which accepted beginners in hopes that they would be promoted to the main team. (look at Lesha, became legend :p). But the team didn't last long due to not being able to keep up with it :(

Maybe something similar could work here.. But once again I'm not big on newbie teams because I just don't think anyone gets anything big out of it.
Posted Image
Nitride...... aV loves you!

Posted Image
Lian in my area

Dani! Phazix Santa'13 Aleebr Prince Rull

BOSS NIGGER

BOSS NIGGER

fuccboi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6582 posts
  • Battle Win/Loss:5-7